RELAX AND READ
100 things to know in your life when you read this site
1. If you are right handed, you will tend to chew your food on your right side. If you are left handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
2. If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. For when a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.
3. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
4. Your tongue is germ free only if it is pink. If it is white there is a thin film of bacteria on it.
5. The Mercedes-Benz motto is “Das Beste oder Nichts” meaning “the best or nothing”.
6. The Titanic was the first ship to use the SOS signal.
7. The pupil of the eye expands as much as 45 percent when a person looks at something pleasing.
8. The average person who stops smoking requires one hour less sleep at night.
9. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system. Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day.
10. The roar that we hear when we place a seashell next to our ear is not the ocean, but rather the sound of blood surging through the veins in the ear.
11. Dalmatians are born without spots.
12. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
13. The ‘v’ in the name of a court case does not stand for ‘versus’, but for ‘and’ (in civil proceedings) or ‘against’ (in criminal proceedings).
14. Men’s shirts have the buttons on the right, but women’s shirts have the buttons on the left.
15. The owl is the only bird to drop its upper eyelid to wink. All other birds raise their lower eyelids.
16. The reason honey is so easy to digest is that it’s already been digested by a bee.
17. Roosters cannot crow if they cannot extend their necks.
18. The color blue has a calming effect. It causes the brain to release calming hormones.
19. Every time you sneeze some of your brain cells die.
20. Your left lung is smaller than your right lung to make room for your heart.
21. The verb “cleave” is the only English word with two synonyms which are antonyms of each other: adhere and separate.
22. When you blush, the lining of your stomach also turns red.
23. When hippos are upset, their sweat turns red.
24. The first Harley Davidson motorcycle was built in 1903, and used a tomato can for a carburetor.
25. The lion that roars in the MGM logo is named Volney.
26. Google is actually the common name for a number with a million zeros.
27. Switching letters is called spoonerism. For example, saying jag of Flapan, instead of flag of Japan.
28. It cost 7 million dollars to build the Titanic and 200 million to make a film about it.
29. The attachment of the human skin to muscles is what causes dimples.
30. There are 1,792 steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
31. The sound you hear when you crack your knuckles is actually the sound of nitrogen gas bubbles bursting.
32. Human hair and fingernails continue to grow after death.
33. It takes about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.
34. The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
35. Most soccer players run 7 miles in a game.
36. The only part of the body that has no blood supply is the cornea in the eye. It takes in oxygen directly from the air.
37. Every day 200 million couples make love, 400,000 babies are born, and 140,000 people die.
38. In most watch advertisements the time displayed on the watch is 10:10 because then the arms frame the brand of the watch (and make it look like it is smiling).
39. Colgate faced big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking countries. Colgate translates into the command “go hang yourself.”
40. The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning its head are the rabbit and the parrot.
41. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
42. The average person laughs 13 times a day.
43. Do you know the names of the three wise monkeys? They are:Mizaru(See no evil), Mikazaru(Hear no evil), and Mazaru(Speak no evil)
44. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
45. German Shepherds bite humans more than any other breed of dog.
46. Large kangaroos cover more than 30 feet with each jump.
47. Whip makes a cracking sound because its tip moves faster than the speed of sound.
48. Two animal rights protesters were protesting at the cruelty of sending pigs to a slaughterhouse in Bonn. Suddenly the pigs, all two thousand of them, escaped through a broken fence and stampeded, trampling the two hapless protesters to death.
49. If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural cause.
50. The human heart creates enough pressure while pumping to squirt blood 30 feet!!
51. Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're there.
52. Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.
53. The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for blood plasma.
54. No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.
55. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
56. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
57. Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty years of age or older.
58. The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.
59. The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.
60. A Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight.
61. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating 1 olive from each salad served in first-class.
62. Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
63. Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
64. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
65. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
66. The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer.
67. Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
68. Marilyn Monroe had six toes. (rumor)
69. All US Presidents have worn glasses. Some just didn't like being seen wearing them in public.
70. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
71. Pearls melt in vinegar.
72. Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
73. The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
74. It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.
75. A duck's quack doesn't echo and no one knows why.
76. The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
77. Richard Millhouse Nixon was the first US president whose name contains all the letters from the word 'criminal.' The second was William Jefferson Clinton.
78. Turtles can breathe through their butts.
79. Butterflies taste with their feet.
80. In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all of the world's nuclear weapons combined.
81. On average, 100 people choke to death on ball-point pens every year.
82. On average people fear spiders more than they do death.
83. Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants.
84. Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
85. Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
86. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
87. It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.
88. The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
89. A snail can sleep for three years.
90. No word in the English language rhymes with 'MONTH.'
91. Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
92. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing. SCARY!!!
93. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
94. All polar bears are left handed.
95. In ancient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
96. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
97. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
98. 'Go', is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
99. If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall. Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
100. Almost everyone who reads this will try to lick their elbow.